olson journal entry
olson journal entry
If you’re thinking about redoing your yard, you may want to consider the following checklist:
1) Which areas receive the most sunlight during the course of the year?
2) Which areas receive the most shade during the course of the year?
3) Are there things like storage sheds, utility poles, or passing traffic that you would like to hide?
4) What happens to your view when deciduous trees lose their leaves?
5) Are their winds that you may wish to block with fencing or plants?
6) Do you have drainage problems in your yard?
7) Are there trees, shrubs, vines, and/or perennials that you would like to preserve?
8) Does your yard already possess features that can be made use of (A stream? Large rocks?)
9) Do you wish to block your neighbor’s lights, noise, or unsightly air conditioner unit?
10) Can changes in your yard positively impact your interior living space? For example, is there a streetlight you wish to block at night? How about reducing sun glare?
11) Do you actually want to make use of your yard? What would you like to do with that additional living space? Install a bar-b-que? A play area? A dog run?
12) How long do you plan to stay in your house? Do you wish to go for short-term improvements or long-term capital investments?
13) How much of yard can you really use? Will any changes conflict with municipal laws and/or HOA regulations?
14) Many people underutilize the side-lots of their house. You can use those small patches for an outdoor table, a vegetable garden, or a garden pool.
15) An important question: Where will you need to walk? Think of your landscaping plan as a large road map…..Think of how you will walk from point “A” to point “B.” Keep it accessible. Paths can also be used to take a visitor through a scenic garden
16) Last (but certainly not least), think about other features: What about lighting at night? Cover during Inclement weather? How much maintenance are you ready for? What type of irrigation system will your yard require?
Do you live in the Denver area? Interested in a free consultation and estimate? Contact Olson Lawn Care at 720.201.7561 or visit our website at OlsonLawnCare.com